Track of the day "Tyler the Creator - Yonkers"

12:45 am beatnik8tv 0 Comments

There is no doubt about it, Tyler the Creator and his group OFWGKTA are a breath of fresh air.
When Kanye labelled this video, video of the year, you KNOW I had to check it out.

The good points:
I was refreshed by the creativity and I have to agree with 'Ye, the video was tight.

The bad points:

I didn't like the song!

I'm not ashamed to admit that it took me a couple of listens to truly understand what he was trying to convey in Yonkers. I get it now... at least I think I do, but I still don't like it.

Don't get me wrong, lyrically, it's one of the best hip hop songs in a long time. Tyler is basically arguing with his alter-ego and this is cleverly illustrated throughout the song with his use of paradoxes.

Musically, it didn't do much for me.

One thing is for sure, hip hop just got interesting again.

I'll leave you to make up your own mind.

Enjoy!


0 comments: